Under Armour Men’s Valsetz Tactical Boots Review
The Under Armour Men’s Valsetz Tactical Boots are comfortable and lightweight boots that will you see through cold winters, uneven surfaces, and high-intensity physical exercise
- Very comfortable
- Lots of padding and foam
- Keep your feet warm
- High traction and grip from rubber sole
- Easy to break in
- Spacious toe box
- Not hugely long lasting
- Not completely waterproof
- Several cases of shoe detaching from sole after some use
- UA ClutchFitTM technology wraps your ankle with a lightweight "second skin" for powerful support & incredible feel
- Synthetic leather & textile upper with welded, abrasion-resistant film around the perimeter of the foot
For what they lack in heavy, hardcore duty, more than make up for in their comfort factor. These boots are not designed for hardcore work around dangerous and sharp objects as they do not have the necessary protection requirements. They are very lightweight and robust boots, an ideal candidate for the most comfortable police boots
Under Armour designed with comfort in mind, these boots easily mould to the wearer’s feet and are able to be worn for many hours, over harsh terrain. Made with a tough, abrasion resistant film and sporting a leather and textile upper, it takes a lot to scrape these boots, meaning they constantly look polished and stylish
These boots come with a large range of features to make them excellently adapted for be worn for many hours and carrying out high levels of activity. To keep them looking polished and good as new, they synthetic leather and textile upper is welded with an abrasion resistant film around the perimeter.
The boots come equipped with ClutchFit technology which wraps around your skin in a lightweight ‘second skin’ to give extra support and comfort. This focuses on the areas round the ankle, heel, and arch; the crucial areas for maximum support.
They use DWR technology to repel water without adding to the weight (although it is not fully water proof, just water resistant). To provide extra comfort, especially when jumping the full length Micro G foam cushions your landings and allows for powerful take-offs. The boots are lace up and because of the padding, are able to keep your feet very warm, even though cold winters.
Size and Fitting
They are of height approximately 17.5 cm and are carefully designed so that they mould to the individual feet of the wearer providing maximum comfort.
The boots themselves are very lightweight and are not heavy for your feet. This does mean they are not adequately suited for really high intensity heavy work, but they work well for high physical intensity jobs.
Cost / Quality
There is no dispute that these boots both look and feel amazing while you wear them, no doubt down to the vast amount of padding and cushioning foam.
However, there is a major issue with their durability which throws into concern the price you pay for the boots and the length of time they actually will last you for. After just a few months of use, the sole and shoot often start to detach from one another and the soles are prone to wear down quickly.
It is a clear a lot of thought has gone into making these boots a delight to wear while they last but for them to be truly worth their value of$115, they would need to be a lot more long lasting and durable
Under Armour Men’s Valsetz RTS Tactical Boots, Black/Black, 10 D(M) US, Under Armour
|Current Price||$119.99||October 14, 2017|
|Highest Price||$119.99||April 23, 2017|
|Lowest Price||$102.99||April 21, 2017|
Last price changes
|$119.99||April 23, 2017|
|$102.99||April 21, 2017|
Sector they are suited for
- Military – These grippy and sturdy boots provide maximum comfort and a high level of support for your feet, meaning they are optimum for fast moving, physically intense jobs. Complete with a slip resistant rubber sole, they give excellent stability, allowing you to move swiftly over uneven terrain.
- Law Enforcement – Again, these boots provide comfortable, sport boots that allow for high level of physical exercise to be carried out without causing damage to the wearer’s feet.
- Patrol / Guard – These boots are excellent for low physical intensity jobs that involve standing around as they are very comfortable and will take longer to wear out than if you are carrying out high level physical exercise.
- Everyday – Because of the high level of comfort, these boots can easily be worn for hours on end, without causing any discomfort to the feet. This is because of the high level of padding and cushioning technology contained in the boot. They have a slip resistant rubber sole, which keeps you steady even in the slippiest of conditions and the high level of insulation.
- Hiking – These solid boots which can be comfortably worn all day, prevent you from tripping even over the most uneven or slippery of surfaces. However, it should be noted that although branded as ‘water-resistant’ they are most definitely not completely waterproof. It also should note that because of the lack in longevity, it is not advisable to regularly take these boots over very rocky surfaces
Are these boots waterproof?
They are water resistant, but not waterproof. They should faire you well through casual rain but in really wet conditions, they won’t keep your feet dry.
Are they steel-toed?
No, they aren’t and are not at all suitable for dangerous work involving heavy machinery or sharp objects.
Do these boots have good grip on concrete?
Yes, they have an excellent grip on concrete, keeping you very stable.
Are these boots true to size?
Yes, they are fairly accurate and true to size, although if you have fairly wide feet, I’d take care when buying them.
In conclusion, these boots are some of the most comfortable and well-padded boots on the market and your feet will definitely feel cushioned and supported while wearing them. They have inbuilt many features that work in combination to provide extremely comfortable boots that also grip fairly well on slippery surfaces. Even though they don’t have much specific insulation, the ClutchFit and cushioning technology foam work well to trap heat and keep your feet very warm, even during cold winters. However, they are really not long lasting, and if used regularly for high intensity work, they can start to show severe signs of wear after just two months. Their price of $115 would be a reasonable price to consider if you did not have to think of replacing them up to 2 times a year. If you are planning to purchase them for moderate intensity physical work such as law enforcement or patrolling, they should be more than adequate, at least for a year